Vegan Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies from Never Homemaker
The holidays are over, but our craving for peppermint is certainly not (and for good reason!) Peppermint holds tons of health benefits ranging from reducing blemishes, relieving IBS symptoms to easing menstrual cramps and reducing stress and anxiety. These Vegan Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies from Never Homemaker are just what the doctor ordered to get this year started out right!
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cups wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips (OR crush up those extra candy canes for a festive spin!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the dry ingredients — flours, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat wet ingredients until smooth (oil, syrup, extracts).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. And mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, drop heaping tablespoons. Flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Store in refrigerator.
Serving Size: Makes 24 Cookies
Per Cookie: 107 Calories, 20g Carbs, 3g Fat, 2g Protein
After all the holiday cookies, appetizers, and spirits, it’s no surprise that all of our jeans fit a bit tighter these days. But with New Year’s Eve just days away, how do you get those few extra holiday pounds off? No worries, Bulugans, we’ve compiled a list of tips that will help you de-bloat before the clock strikes midnight!
The beginning of a new year often comes with the saying, “out with the old, in with the new,” whatever that “old” and “new” may mean to you. Let’s say your New Year’s resolutions are to be more healthful, simpler, and clean out any extra rubbish in your life. If you start in one place, make it be your pantry, and you will see transformations throughout your entire life. Once you clean up your nutrition with a “clean” pantry, which is void of extra additives, it will translate to more energy, clarity and confidence to make more positive changes in your life.
It’s that time Bulugans. There are temptations of savory, sweet, and tantalizing treats around every corner, yet we have our mind set on keeping it “healthy” this go around. What do you do when grandma comes at you with a piece of her famous holiday fudge? Don’t fret, we got you covered with these easy alternatives to your highest voted holiday treats.
Have you ever been woken up because you were falling in a dream? Have you ever had a dream that your teeth were falling out? Different dreams can mean that we are stressing or happy about things in our lives. Do you know what each dream means?
Who doesn’t want their stomach to be a little bit flatter especially for those vacations down to the beach this holiday season? As the saying goes, “Abs are made in the kitchen,” so keep doing planks and crunches but don’t forget the #1 way to a slimmer tummy is the food you eat. For those of us who want those flatter abs to flaunt around, we’ve compiled a list of foods and supplements that will help you get a flatter tummy.