Our first healthy, hearty recipe is a breakfast, lunch or dinner favorite. Chicken fried steak. Now, I know most people don’t think you can get away from a good chicken fried steak for less than a million calories but check out this healthy recipe we found to keep it all under 300 calories!
- 4 lean cube steaks
- 1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 cup flour (reserve 1 Tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick’s Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups skim milk
1. Dip steaks in buttermilk. Combine flour, salt, and steak seasoning (remember to keep 1 tablespoon set aside). Dip steaks in flour mixture.
2. Set steaks on wax paper, let set for 20 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tablespoons oil in skillet, add steaks, cook until both sides are golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm.
4. Combine milk and reserved TBSP of flour in bowl until well mixed. Add extra seasoning for taste.
5. Stirring constantly, add milk mixture to skillet. Once added, bring mixture to a boil.
6. Lower heat and simmer until gravy thickens. Continue to stir.
7. Serve over steaks.
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Total Fat: 7.4 g
Total Carbohydrate: 30.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
Protein: 8.1 g
Summer time is rolling in and so is the heat. But, that doesn’t stop you dedicated Bulugans from getting in your daily workout! Here are a few drinks to help you keep cool before, during and after your workout. Continue reading
This De-Licious Oatmeal Date Cookie is not only clean, gluten free, no refined sugar or butter used and tastes every bit like Grandma’s famous baked cookies! :)
Ever wondered what you can do in those hot summer months to not only stay cool and hydrated, but also increase your performance when the heat is bearing down on you? We found a few solutions to keep you cool while you are burnin’ up those calories!
There’s nothing new about it, as many athletes have used interval training for many years to condition their bodies to adapt to higher intensity and improve in their sport. However, its benefits of shorter workouts, increased results, and decreased overuse injuries and burnout have caught on with the general gym population and many are wondering what exactly it is and if they can do it themselves. And yes, you can!
During the summer many of us end up hitting the beach instead of the gym to spend our time laying in the sun and enjoying the beautiful weather. But how do you maintain that beach body when you are spending all your time with toes in the sand rather than the sneakers? Here are a few exercises you can do during your beach day to stay toned and fit during the summer months. Continue reading