The new trend of adding butter to your coffee may help you lose weight and provide more lasting energy without fear of a caffeine or sugar crash. See if you should be making your next cup of coffee bulletproof.
More Energy? How?
While the caffeine in normal coffee helps give you an initial buzz and begins the fat burning process it’s actually the MCT oil, a blend of coconut and palm oil, that keeps you going for hours. The fats in MCT oil digest faster than other fats so it boosts energy and promotes weight loss. MCT oil also promotes brain function, giving you laser-like focus.
So I can just use the coffee and butter in my fridge?
Unfortunately, no. Dave Asprey, creator of Bulletproof Coffee, claims that it’s not your ordinary coffee and butter that gives your body the fat-fighting edge. The coffee must be low-toxin and the butter has to be unsalted and grass-fed.
So why the butter?
There’s nothing quite like a pat of delicious grass-fed butter. Grass-fed butter has a different fat composition than grain-fed animals and blends better into the coffee. It also contains more fat-soluble vitamins.
Also, blending low-toxin coffee with the grass-fed butter actually turns off some of your food cravings and provides the micronutrients your brain needs for healthy focus and attention.
Does it taste good?
You bet. It’s like drinking a creamy latte and leaves you feeling full and satisfied. Try trading in your carb filled bagel or breakfast sandwich for a Bulletproof Coffee!
How do I make it?
Here’s a quick video on how to make Bulletproof Coffee. Can’t view the video? Check out the written directions below!
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee:
- Brew a cup of your favorite low-toxin coffee (this is our fav). Making your coffee strong works the best to give it that distinct Bulletproof flavor.
- Add 1 – 2 tsp of MCT oil. This is what we’re using.
- Add 1 Tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter. This is one of the most crucial ingredients to help with appetite control, don’t use just any butter! Kerrygold Butter is what we love using. Find it here.
- Pre-heat your blender by tossing in a little boiling water while your coffee brews.
- Mix ingredients in a high-speed blender for at least 20 seconds or until it’s creamy with a large amount of froth. Make sure there is no residual oil sitting on top.
- Enjoy! Drink in the amazing hunger-stopping benefits and enjoy the laser-like focus Bulletproof Coffee is famous for.
Bonus: Need to sweeten your coffee up a bit? Try adding a little Stevia to it (this is what we’re using). Worried about coffee teeth from enjoying you daily brew? Not anymore. Adding WhiteShield to your coffee actually prevents coffee teeth by stopping the staining agents from binding with your teeth!